Thursday, April 26, 2007

Some zar-bi airport behavior

zar-bi = bizarre (French for strange) in verland (a type of French slang).

People really have nothing to do at the airport but wait, and well, that's quite boring. So they go shopping, and well, that's apparently not boring. But what do they especially love to shop for at the duty free? Well alcohol. Have you ever smelt the person sitting next to you on the airplane? Well chances are that s/he smells fucking great. You see people don't just shop for alcoholic beverages at duty free shops, they also shop for alcoholic fragrances, aka perfume. For some strange reason, they feel the need to test these scents on themselves in large quantities. Maybe they misread the label on the tester bottle: it reads tester or demo, NOT sample. Ok, so I may be guilty of sampling some perfume, but I emphasize the word some, as in with reason. So here's a thought: maybe it's not the g-forces at take-off, the turbulence, the altitude nor the cramped seats that make some people feel nauseous on airplanes--maybe it's the high percentage of alcoholic fragrance (perfume) that has this effect.

Here I am smellin like roses in the airplane. The guy next to me (not in the photo) smelt like an enchanted forest and the women in front like the Pacific coastline on a hot but not too hot Sunday in the month of June. How can I tell, well I've become an airport-duty-free-shop-fragrance expert, that's how.

1 comment:

Kindness Not Faith said...

Chaim, great blog, great photos-thanks for the enjoyable vicarious experience! Audrey