The bus ride from Vienna to Prague was possibly the Guiness Book of World Records' most bumpiest ride; Czech roads might even compete with Quebec's... ok, maybe not quite.
Presently sitting in the Sokovska youth hostel, I am surrounded by voices speaking in a foreign language; I am in Prague. I was only honked at 3 times today for jay-walking (by the way, something that no locals do in Vienna, but here it's ok, I just think that they like to honk at tourists!). Czech women are absolutely beautiful (Austrian, not so much); too bad I can't speak the language. There is something to be said about being able to drink beer anywhere anytime. Plus, it's not those sisi 250 ml beers like back in France but a real man's size half-a-liter. It makes any stroll that much more enjoyable.
Vienna is a quaint city. I was lucky enough to be able to rent a bike and ride about the city. Last night though, my friend and I went to see the city hall; beatiful, all light up, great. Try to walk back. They call this neighbohood the "ring", and for a good reason. After 30 minutes of walking (in a seamingly straight line), we wind up back in front of the city hall! That same night (after finally escaping the ring) we check out the permanent fair/amusement park: half a dozen bumber car rides and another half a dozen go-cart tracks! Wowawiwa.




This same saturday evenning, I went to the Volksoper (the people's opera) most underdressed. This was my first opera! The title: La cage aux folles. In French right? Wrong. In German. After an hour and a half of watching men dressed as women prance around and speak/sing in German, I decided that I had had my money's worth (the whole 1,50 euro to get in!).
Johann Strauss statue; too hard to get a photo without some random japanese tourist in it.

No comments:
Post a Comment